Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mahela on Kumar

Jayawardene's last Test as captain was also against Pakistan in March but that series was cut short by the terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan team in Lahore. This time, he said, he was confident of easing into his new role for the home series, which starts on July 4. "When I captained the side, I made sure I had two different roles, as a captain and as a batsman. Now the captaincy has gone to somebody else but the batting role is going to be the same. My focus, my concentration, everything will be on that. So that's not going to change because I am not the captain any more."

Jayawardene, who captained Sri Lanka from 2006, said Sangakkara, a close friend, understands and agrees with his views on how he should be contributing to the team. "Sanga just asked me to be the batsman that I am and probably be better than what I am right now. That's what I want to be as well, and Sanga understands that. I enjoyed working with him when he was my deputy and now it is my duty to try and help him out in any way that I can to make his job easier.

0 comments:

Google Ads

Alexa Rank

Hits

Ads

ss_blog_claim=5e745431d45750797df9adacc34f0b4f